Facilitators’ Guide | Getting Started
- First identify a group of people who would benefit from not only having a community radio programme but from learning all of the skills involved in making radio. Check out the tips on identifying groups on page 6.
- Use our GEM builder (available via the Hub) to help you set up a legal structure and make some important decisions about how your programme will work.
- As a minimum you need access to a computer, a microphone and an internet connection. See the training materials or the Quick Start guide for info on how to get broadcasting. A more extensive equipment list is available here.
- Plan your show; again there are materials in the Hub to guide you through this process.
- Create your content and broadcast it!
- Don’t forget to tweet us @RadioActive101 with the URL so that we can help to spread the word.
- Now use our curriculum and badges to recognise the learning and skills displayed by your group members.